VL 2500 Problems

I'm designing a production of NEXT TO NORMAL, and the lights are getting kind of crazy. I'm a non-theater major undergrad relatively new to programming and the 2 VL 2500s I'm using keep tracking/cycling (for lack of a better term) through colors as they fade. I've tried sneaking them out and back in, but they take too much time to adjust. Any ideas on a good way to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Hmm... I'm not intimately familiar with the Element, but I thought that Automark was a system default setting. Let me ask you this - how many cues are there between when a fixture fades out and when it needs to come back up in a different color? And how much time is that? The VL2500s are pretty quick, but no fixture will be able to reset instantly. Obviously, in order for the light to come up in the correct color, it needs to actually fade to black before coming back up.

Assuming it's not a simple programming error, my guess would be to look at Mark Time. What version of the software are you running? ETC just introduced the Mark Time setting, which means that fixtures that are marking will ignore the cue timing and mark in that specified time (incidentally, I really don't like Mark Time and I always leave it disabled, but I digress). If your mark time is set to something like 4 seconds, and the time between the fade out and fade up cue is less than that, this could be your problem. You can change this either by changing the Mark Time to something shorter, or by overriding the mark time on an individual basis by using discrete timing on that channel.

This sounds like a pretty simple issue to resolve, but there's many different things it could be, and it's hard to tell without seeing it. If this still doesn't help, feel free to save the show file onto a USB drive and email it to me, and I can probably identify the problem. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back