VL1000 Issue

arfinator

Hey, everyone!

We have two VL1000 ERS Tungsten units hung in our grid for our current musical, and we have noticed an issue that we haven't ever had before. I'd love your input on what might be causing it and what any possible solution could be.

Whenever we up the intensity of one of these units from 0, we hear a click. This happens with both units, and we haven't ever had this problem. There doesn't seem to be any explanation that we can think of, and there doesn't appear to be anything else associated with this--just the click.

Has anyone else noticed this before, or have any ideas on how to go about fixing it?

I would appreciate any help that you can give! Thank you, so much!

Hess

Is it an external dimmer or internal?
At what percent does it happen? example 0-1% or 0-100 or 50-100

Sounds like it could be a shutter opening or a spark in the filament
Did you try replacing lamps? was the sound still there

I don't have any 1k at the moment so i don't know exactly the problem but it's probably nothing and has been there all along

So, I checked when I was at the theatre, today, and found out some interesting things:

1) It clicks with any sort of intensity change (up)

2) The volume of the click heard is related to how fast the change happens and how much the intensity changes. For example, when the fixture goes to full in a bump, there is a very audible click. But when it goes up to 50, per se, in 5 seconds, there isn't an audible click.

Does that point out anything else that could be causing this problem? Is there anything you would recommend trying? The click is coming from both instruments, mind you. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back