Weirdest Thing You've Been Asked To Complete

Repairing the fiberglass rump of a carousel horse used for a pole dance routine.

STILL trying to find a way to replicate an atom bomb mushroom cloud safely on a 20' by 25' stage.

"The relish on the 4 foot hotdog bun is looking dull, could we remake it with glitter this time?"

Aaaand once a week I clean excess blood and glitter off of a 10" hyper realistic penis prop that is used during a song called "Eating Penis doesn't Make you Gay" (a duet sung by a seasoned zombie to a new zombie).

I adore my job.
I give. You win. That's pretty weird. We don't have anything that weird here in Canada, although we do permit @BillConnerFASTC to cross our border both ways.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

I'd like to sell them some vowels. I get tired of C eh! N eh! D eh!

Do you know the Canadians built the first and perhaps only UFO landing pad?

And the eat cheese curds and gravy on top of fries?

Vad a country!

I'd like to sell them some vowels. I get tired of C eh! N eh! D eh!

Do you know the Canadians built the first and perhaps only UFO landing pad?

And they eat cheese curds and gravy on top of fries?

Vad a country!
No one's forcing you to visit.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

...AT TACO BELL. Seriously. What nerve- Canadianizeing our Americanized Mexican food.
'The Donald' will no doubt be upset.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Do you mock the glory that is poutine? It is a gift from the Lord and we should be grateful!
And Canadians are basking in the glory! (NEVER trust a theatre consultant who doesn't enjoy poutine.) (Even if they have an FASTC numeric designation.)
Thank you @shannonlusk81 [You may be young but I knew there was something to like about you.]
Toodleoo!
Ron

Last edited:
And Canadians are basking in the glory! (NEVER trust a theatre consultant who doesn't enjoy poutine. (Even if they have an FASTC numeric designation.)
Thank you @shannonlusk81 [You may be young but I knew there was something to like about you.]
Toodleoo!
Ron
HA! I grew up in Alaska and the poutine made it across the border to me at a young and impressionable age. Living in Vegas now, I'm very thankful to work at a venue that has a burger shop downstairs that makes a decent pile of poutine that is extra perfect after long show nights. Frankly, I don't trust anyone who doesn't salivate at least a little bit while thinking about poutine...

Completed all the following:

· Use actor driven vintage knife switches to operate Tesla coils, Jacobs ladders, and other electro-mechanical laboratory devices, all of which had to be run remotely as well - Frankenstein
· Knife throwing effect – Pajama Game and others
· FDRs mini-wheelchair – Last Summer at Campobello
· Falling flower petals from the entire ceiling of a theater with 10 ft height - Enchanted April
· Collapsing set - Inspecting Carol
· Operating Switchboard built from vintage parts - Hotl
· Unfolding and raising a tent from a folded pile of canvas on the floor which had to cover the ceiling while not interfering with lighting - Carnival
· Have a 3ft rubber bat fly round trip triangular path from a window in a 25’ theater, all in 5 seconds. - Dracula
· 12x4 foot oak table to match oak library chairs – 12 Angry Men
· Convincing front section of a vintage car - Gatsby
· Complete set change revolves in small theaters - She Loves Me, Christmas Carol, Games afoot
· The Walls have eyes - Having all the walls in the theater have LED eyes light up -100 pairs - Dracula

Director: "Hey can we get a 4' mirror ball hung center stage for tonight?"
Ancient Engineer: "Uhh... there are 2 performances left on this show."
Director: "So, I thought you were good?"
Ancient Engineer: "I am the best at your price point, I will see what I can do."
Director: "Let me know when it is done."
Ancient Engineer looks a the available space above and realizes there is only one adequate drop and we'll have to spread pipe to get them past the small Mirrored Moon...
<rigging> <harsh language> <much vigorous sweat-equity later>:
Ancient Engineer: "There it is! What do you think?"
Director: "Meh, it is not as impressive as I had hoped. Strike it and send it back."
Ancient Engineer: "Mmmmkay."
<fast forward to closing night>
Director: "Hey, did you send that mirror ball back? We could hang it in the house!"
Ancient Engineer: (knowing full well that the Mirrored Moon was still on the dock), "Nope it is already back at (rental house) and they have it on the way to the Pippin revival tour."
Director: "Well crap, can you get another one?"
Ancient Engineer: "Let me see what I can do."
<7.29 minutes later>
Ancient Engineer: "Here it is!" (holds up 8" disco ball from Wally Werld)
Director: <undervoice grumbling> "Fahgedaboutit."

[QUOTE="Ancient Engineer, post: 370176, member: 23556"
Ancient Engineer: "Let me see what I can do."
<7.29 minutes later>[/QUOTE]
@Ancient Engineer So few people express time in minutes and decimal minutes these days.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back