Welcome to ControlBooth 5.0

RonHebbard

Premium Member
So, I checked on the forums for the XenForo software and there does not appear to be a way to turn this off. I thought there might be a way to do it with an inline code block, but that doesn't work. I'll be bringing this up as a suggestion with the devs.
Being a Geezer, 'way back in grade school, an English Grammar teacher hammered into my skull:
One space after commas (,) & semi colons (;).
Two spaces after periods (.) & colons :)) exclamation marks (!) and interrogation (?) marks.
Periods and two spaces after abbreviations.
Apostrophes in place of missing letters in contractions.

When proofing my posts I was certain I'd entered two spaces after periods ending sentences yet once posting, only one space would appear.
Being a responsible sort'a guy; I'd edit, note two spaces, add one more, save changes and DANG! Still only one space.
In my younger days this would've bothered me; now a days it's just more water of this old duck's back.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:

Jay Ashworth

Two spaces after periods (.) & colons :)) exc;a,ation marks (!) and interrogation (?) marks.
Periods and two spaces after abbreviations.
Well, the rule "changed" to 1 space after in typeset variable-pitch material, but I've done this for 30 years, and I find that the extra space is still helpful to readability. In fixed pitch material (including typewriting), it's still a necessity.

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia