What color changing LED unit do I need?

Hello. I am looking into renting/ buying (if the gods and the artistic director deem me worthy) some LED color changing units for an upcoming production of The Wizard of Oz. The set designer and I would really like to build the units into plexi boxes set over the stage deck to simulate the Yellow (and green and brown and whatever) Brick Road. I have looked at Color Kinetic Color Blasts, but am not sure that the beam angle would be sufficient. I imagine we are looking for a unit we could set on the stage deck and build an 8" or 12" box over them. This is not a lot of space, so I am looking for units with the largest beam spread possible. I am in Colorado Springs, so there are not any other theaters in the city I can check out, nor are there any local rental companies where I could play with some gear. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

If you can get frosted plexiglass that's your best bet. I rent plexi staging on occasion, and that works really well. Using an led strip light is the best bet. Stay away from a par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back