What is this adapter for?

hobbsies

Anyone seen one of these before? What's the purpose? To destroy sound boards it seems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 524
Must use a 1/4" TRS in order to be balanced.

I think it is a pro variation of this one:
suremanyoucanjam.jpg

I bet the folks at Production Advantage don't *actually* stock that adapter.

It reminds me of another adapter that I saw, that was incredibly show-specific; it was an Edison to Speakon adapter. In the course of a show (I forget which production), one of the characters needed to plug a boom box into a wall outlet and turn it on. The sound designer and production manager opted to build the Edison-to-Speakon connector, so rather than plug it into wall power, it was actually plugging into an aux send from the audio console. Definitely one of those "make sure everyone knows, and destroy everything after the show" set ups.

But Speakon is actually rated for 120V; I don't think 1/4" plugs are.

My guess is this idiotic device was intended to reuse an extension lead as speaker cable.

I concur with all other opinions to destroy it...

It reminds me of another adapter that I saw, that was incredibly show-specific; it was an Edison to Speakon adapter. In the course of a show (I forget which production), one of the characters needed to plug a boom box into a wall outlet and turn it on. The sound designer and production manager opted to build the Edison-to-Speakon connector, so rather than plug it into wall power, it was actually plugging into an aux send from the audio console. Definitely one of those "make sure everyone knows, and destroy everything after the show" set ups.

At least in THAT, the contacts aren't exposed to the touch.

Don't a lot of LED fixtures use speakon Edison adapters to get power and daisy chain between fixtures?

suremanyoucanjam-jpg.10279

Is that a UL sticker on the cord? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back