What is wrong with this pic V

Ok, so if I understand, you are looking for the specific model of the arc lamps? And also hoping in saying that the "last lamp" you were talking about was the one not in #5.

In that case this looks the closest: Osram HMI1200WS Lamp.

Here's my first stab at the huge mogul bi-post looking beast: looks like a CYX (Q2000/4CL/BP)

The DPW was right under my nose. I disregarded the 1.5kW after you said long life... the answer might be now the DTJ-120V, but if I understand, the lamp I'm looking for is SUPPOSED to have that green stuff in it. Hmph.

On a side note: Has anyone ever heard of the narrow midsection of a CWZ being wrapped with like twine or thread or something? We have a bunch of lamps like this for our 8" Fresnelites. The stuff looks to be made of fiberglass or something.

I would also like to mention that I have not seen the HMI or any discharge lamp in person ever in my life. Most of my research to match model numbers is done by scanning my Stage Technology catalog's lamp page for a lamp with the right base and picking the ones that sound right and put them into a google image search. I then match the pics and descriptions. That is how I came up with that odd Q250E14 number.

Think you confuse me talking about the lamp you call a CYX with my thinking it’s what you called a HTI 300.

In any case... correct, correct on the HMI 1200w/S and CYX lamps in style at least. Actually it’s a DPY but similar. Just 5Kw instead of 2Kw. Same base type. The 1200w/S is correct on the other hand for the arc source lamps.

DTA or DTJ would be a good answer on the 1,500w lamp. Short of looking up the PO’ or removing the lamp from the wall, I don’t remember. No further guessing on the double ended halogen lamps?

Given Ushio is probably the only company still making the CWZ, and it’s picture does not have anything like this wrapping, I don’t have a reference.
Is this wrapping in the more narrow section between lamp base and where the filament area of the bulb baloons out? Could be some form of heat shielding and support. Them’s some old Fresnels you have if they use this lamp.

So far I have:
HMI 1200W / GS
HMI 1200W / SE
HMI 1200W / S
HMI 1200W / XS
Thats all I got. I think that's what you're looking for...

ship said:
...Is this wrapping in the more narrow section between lamp base and where the filament area of the bulb baloons out? Could be some form of heat shielding and support. Them’s some old Fresnels you have if they use this lamp.

Yup, and they probably are old, too. Ok.

1st two & 4th longer quartz appear frosted so FGT-120V, 3rd clear so FFT.

How's that?

All RSC lamps shown except for the first example are 4.11.16" long FDN or FHN lamps. The first short one respectively to the EHG photo in otherwise disqualifying the lamps almost similar in length to it was probably a EHR or Q200/T3 lamp in being only 3.1/8" long.

Show the part number to the HMI 1200w/XS as a direct challenge as otherwise XS is just a term for the equivolent of a Philips P-3 pinch seal technology by use and not shown in lamp description code or a valad lamp given otherwise the HMI 1200 is long gone before XS technology came about.

Not a lamp that exists. - show me it's part number or provide your data. Overall as above, good try overall! In this time spent on lamp specs, I trust you are really leaning at least some about them above the sandard tech person that says the fixture type and expects the lamp provider will give the best lamp for the fixture, much less know what they are talking about. This is good.

HMI 1200w/SE
HMI 1200w/S
HMI 1200w/GS
HMI 1200w/PAR

and HMI 1200 itself as a discontinued lamp that once existed in some form by way of product literature on it but without part number as similar to the HMI 1200w/GS otherwise to at least some extent:
HMI 1200 Osram (?Disc.) CL, DE. MH, 1.2Kw/224v T-64mm 34mm arc gap MOL 470mm S25.5 base (CRI 90) Burn Horz ±15° 6,000°K 1,150,000Lum 500hr

How does this differ from the HMI 1200w/GS in a very major way making it still a very different lamp type in a very specific way meaning it simply won't fit in a follow spot?

Other HMI 1200w/S lamp types for use in a Martin Mac 2K??? I still count in being even more specific yet, eight description codes for this lamp amongst six companies one of which is now a sub company of another in making it perhaps seven by way of code given they don't go back to doing their own direct marketing in making it again eight. Also given another manufacturer of this HMI 1200w/S lamp is not another brand's of lamp they buy until they get their own on the market - only with their own lamp code to it.

Good luck, in at leat getting half the list of proposed description codes, description codes TBA as the new standard or discontinued for the moment but very proper codes for this lamp still. This is a five star challenge in that unless you subscribe to the press releases or industry talk, at least half the hints given won't mean enough to spark a hint.

Wait, do you want us to find one dealer description of each lamp or the eight different descriptions of every lamp?

HMI 1200w/SE (single ended):
From BulB Connection
Item: Osram Lamp 54067; Avg Life: 750; K Temp: 6000; Lumens: 110000; CRI: 90; Finish: Clear;
Orientation: Universal; Base Type G38; Watts 1200 Watts; Volts 100 Volts;
Max Overall Length (MOL): 7.874 in (200.0 mm); Light Center Length (LCL): 4.213 in (107.0 mm)

HMI 1200w/S (short):
From BulB Connection
Item: Osram Lamp 54088; Avg Life: 750; K Temp: 6000; Lumens: 110000; CRI: 90; Finish: Clear;
Orientation: Universal; Base Type SFc10-4; Watts 1200 Watts; Volts 100 Volts

HMI 1200w/GS:
From BulB Connection
Item: Osram Lamp 54066; Avg Life: 750; K Temp: 6000; Lumens: 110000; CRI: 90; Finish: Clear;
Orientation: Universal; Base Type SFc15-5; Watts 1200 Watts; Volts 100 Volts

HMI 1200w/PAR:
From Vantage Lighting, Inc.
Watts: 1200W; Volts: 100V; Base: G38; Description: PAR64 6000K; Manufacturer: Osram

HMI 1200w (disc.):
From Vantage Lighting, Inc.
Watts: 1200W; Volts: 100V; Base: SFC 15.5-6; Description: Sleeve; Manufacturer: Wolfram

The challenge was not about the above lamps, it was about the HMI 1200XS in question. But in citing your references it's good practice in general as if you make a mistake that mistake is shown as to what misled you.

Vantage is incorrect in saying it's discontinued as this lamp never will have been called what they call it, much less Wolfram still makes the lamp.

Instead with Wolfram they call it the 1200 it is comperable to the HMI 1200w/GS but with it's own unique color temperature and output for good or bad in while it will work, it will not look the same.

Vantage might not sell this lamp any more which is where you get into problems with using secondary sources for your information instead of the primary ones: http://www.vanltg.com/ verses Daymax/Wolfram/ORC/Perkin Elmer (Lamp Mfr..) http://optoelectronics.perkinelmer.com/ .

Given it was incorrectly typed in at Vantatge as a HMI 1200, Wolfram still makes this lamp, Vantage it would seem just does not stock it any longer thus it's discontinued for them only.

1200 Wolfram CL, DE. MH 1.2Kw/100v T-27mm 12mm MOL 180mm SFc M4 (CRI >90) 5,600°K 110,000 Lum 750

This is what the Osram HMI 1200 will have looked like. Chances are it was the first lamp in the HMI 1200 series and given the data I have for it, it's no wonder why it is long gone.

HMI 1200 Osram (?Disc.) CL, DE. MH, 1.2Kw/224v T-64mm 34mm MOL 470mm S25.5 (CRI 90) Burn Horz ±15° 6,000°K 1,150,000Lum 500

My real challenge was to cite the other brands of equivolent to a HMI 1200w/S lamp are on the market. Similar to this Vantage lamp cited that is roughly the same as the HMI 1200w/GS in different companies making the same basic lamp but calling it different things. There is seven companies making their own version of a HMI 1200w/GS now that you have two. Who are the other five

This in expanding the who also makes the Mac 2K lamp question.

I think some other people here need to give this a shot! I'm going to wait a while, maybe a couple days and see if anyone else can come up with something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back