What type of connector is this?

Thetechmanmac

What type of connector is this? I think it is a CEE connector but am not sure. It looks like it is connected to camlock tails. Is this common? Where can I get one of these connectors?

Attachments

• IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 391
Common, perhaps; but not proper.

What would the compliant conversion method be?
A box with mulipole in to cams out I guess?

The presence of red multipoles raises an eyebrow though - I would not have expected to see ~400V 3 phase in common use in the US...

What would the compliant conversion method be?
A box with mulipole in to cams out I guess?

It is my understanding that the use of camloks for applications of 100 amps or less is not proper.

Nothing at all improper about it and very common. As long as the pin and Sleeve is breakered correctly and your load is under that breakers rated limit then you are fine. Red pin and sleeve here in the states, according to the P&S book on my desk is 277/480 volt.

My main concerns would be with the non-weather protected horizontal mounted ground outlet in a well and individual conductors on the plug vertically going into it now with conductors instead of cable going into a now non-IP65 plug's cord grip. Would certainly main breaker shut that off given a storm, and personally never use such a recessed ground outlet. Look at the outlet in use - the cover for it is up and out of the way, a bit of a well in the receptacle for water to gather. This even if not raining and spilled from a drink on accident on it during the party. This water could fill the outlet and short between conductors - not easy given plug design but can be done. More likely a vapor lock and or vapor shorting. Outlet main problem and I believe against NEC in how mounted beyond other rules of covering.

Plug with tails fine in only way possibly to do - just now how it's vertically plugged in.

Nice to see the figure 8 on the feeder cable though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back