Where to buy hanging microphones?

Ok, so im on the "tech crew" at my high school, and i was wandering what the best type of mic to hang from the ceiling for a play would be, as well as where I could buy them? Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Sparky.

My usual go-to-first online retailer is B&H. Here is a link to their hanging mics: Hanging| B&H Photo Video

I would stick to the major brands; ie. AKG, Sennhesier, Sure, Audio-Technica, etc. I've had very good luck with the entry level (around 80 bucks each) Sures and Audio-Technicas in schools used for exactly your purpose.

Good Luck!

~Alden

Alden Fulcomer
Associate Production Manager
Audio Supervisor
Bucks County Playhouse

You could also look around for any local suppliers that would both have what you need, and the expertise to ensure you end up with the right product and that it is used correctly.

B&H's claim to fame is they have most things in stock, however I've found most of their sales people know next to nothing about what they sell. If you're looking for advice, call the manufactuer and have a nice chat with one of their customer support reps, most will be more than happy to assit you in the Pro Audio world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back