Wireless Mic Recommendations

gmff

I need a standard wireless mic for a vocalist and PA use, any recommendations? I have seen adapters that plug into the a regular mic to make it wireless are these any good and which would you recommend

How much are you looking to spend? How reliable does it need to be?

Under $400 and well reliable as main mic in a small local musical production.

Sennheiser has a new mic line out but I don't know much about it. SX or something like that. There's a thread on it. That might fit the bill. Generally speaking, expect to pay at least $400-$500 per channel for reliable wireless microphones.

Either Shure PGX series or Sennheiser EW100 G3 series.. I like them both, the Sennheisers seem to be a bit more durable than the Shures. You might give the Shure PGX Digital mics out, I haven't had any experience with them yet, but I got a shipment in the other day and they look like good stuff!

About those PGX's.... We have four sets of the lavalier package, and from my experience, they are not worth the money. They do not sound very good AT ALL; I have to spend quite some time tweaking each one when I use them to make them sound as good as the older SC-wireless ones we have installed.

I'm not saying that they don't work, or aren't reliable (actually, I've never had one cut out), but in my experience, they simply don't sound good enough that I would ever buy another set.

The handhelds might be better though :\

The handhelds might be better though :\

I think the handhelds are decent. The lavs, however, aren't as nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated it all depends on the money. We use 3 different systems depending on where we work. Higher end, we own all Sennheiser wireless stuff. No problems what so ever with them. A little less money, the Audio Technica is a very good mid range choice, just be careful of the mute button on the bottom, very easily muted. We tape a quarter on the bottom to keep it from happening. The Shure PG48 works good, they have a plastic casing so the handle noise can be pretty noticeable.

If you are going to buy PGX (or PG) then you might as well find a local charity - it's a better use for your cash. (Purely in my humble opinion...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back