Wiring for 2 pin headset to TA4F connector

JohnA

I have a "no name" headset type wireless mic. It was originally wired for Sennheiser, and has only 2 wires (T/S): ground (sleeve) & signal (tip). I want to wire this to a TA4F connector in order to use it with a Shure LX-1 body pack.
A pin out or diagram, including any resistor or capacitor values would be great. I contacted Shure, but they wanted a schematic of the headset circuit. I do not have that info available. I also do not have the manufacturer name for the headsets, as they were bought "used". Thank you for your time.

Hi Brad,
Thanks for reviewing my post. I have attached a couple of jpegs of the device. I was mistaken bout the original connector--it is T/R/S. But there are only 2 wires, signal & ground. I made measurements with a DMM, Ring to Sleeve is 0 ohms; Tip to R/S is 27.5Kohms. I was able to pass a signal through a TA4F connector to a Shure LX body pack by putting ground on pin 1, and shorting pin2 to pin 3, n/c pin 4. There was no signal unless pin 2 was shorted to pin 3. Since pin 2 is supposed to carry +5V bias, would this not indicate the headset is condenser? Thanks.
DSC02665.2.JPG DSC02667.1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back