WS2811 pixel controller

Brian Coleman

Hello,
I need a cheap controller to drive a strip of WS2811 LED's with DMX. Any favorites?

Also, I have a string of Color Kenetics Nodes and the power supply and controller from a project and I don't have the gear to readdress the controller. Can I just use a different controller to drove these?
This is from a project in the past when I built big set and filled them with mostly rental lighting and I would hire an electrician to make it all work. He had the dongle required to address the color kinetics controller and I don't want to buy it, but I;d like to play with the nodes.
Any ideas?
i suppose I can just hook it up to my console and flash throughout to find where its addressed?

I am a fan of the Advatek Pixlite Controllers. They take ArtNet or sACN in and can rebroadcast the Ethernet protocol on the DMX ports if they arent used.

As for the Color Kinetics devices, you need their SmartJack to re-address the chain of lights. It may or may not be the same as an Enttec Open DMX. Depends on the version/generation of the SmartJack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back