Wybron Forerunner Power supply, Works in shop,Not in air.

TheTheaterGeek

EOS Addict
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
We are having issues with a Wybron Forerunner Brain. Model Number 7150.

Does not send data or pass it through when on electric. Seems to be working in shop.

My TD wants me to find a circuit diagram for the brain.

Anyone have one, or a similar situation/solution.

Thanks!

I just had a Apollo brain open a few weeks ago, but AFAIK scroller power supplies are very similar.
There is a power supply, (or 2) that put power down pins 1 and 4. And DMX sent down pins 2 and 3. I would think this is something simple, like a loose optoisolator chip.

I would move it around a lot as you have it on the bench.
Also, when you say it won't send data or pass it through, do you mean it won't pass DMX? That seems unlikely. But if nothing else it should help you troubleshoot. DMX ports are a straight passthrough.

sounds like a cable problem. Pull the cables with the brain and run a scroll from the electric.

Also, when you say it won't send data or pass it through, do you mean it won't pass DMX? That seems unlikely. But if nothing else it should help you troubleshoot. DMX ports are a straight passthrough.

As far as i can tell, these self terminate, so they dont have straight DMX through.

sounds like a cable problem. Pull the cables with the brain and run a scroll from the electric.

Tried many different cables both 5 pin and 4. Also tried sending it DMX from different nodes and running it with a dmxSter.

Would dirty power do this to a brain?

Last edited:
True Non Dim.

Break out from 3 phase to circuit breaker box.

But there are 2 Revolutions, and some other miscellaneous stuff, I don't think it is coming even close to taxing the breakout yet.

I ask in case I should be directing my hunting in a new direction.

I may be a little late to the party, but I think you have a ground issue. If the power supply works on the bench, then it should work in the air if you isolate it from the rig. As to schematics, they will be available starting July 1 on the website.

We thought that as well. It ended up being one of the amplifiers in the DMX circuit. We replaced it and all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back