WYSIWYG and Sketchup

Hi all,

I have been using sketchup for stage layouts and wanted to try to use it for Pre-Viz stuff. I am currently Demo'ing WYSIWYG but the learning curve seems a little steep and doing actual rooms and stages seems like it would be a huge task. I have done a simple stage and a few trusses with lights and it looks fine, but to get it to the complexity that I can get in Sketchup seems like it would take a hundred hours. It looks like I can import sketchup files to WYS but not in the demo.

I was wondering how hard it is to import them and how it looks and how much effort it take to add lights.

I saw this thread (http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/general-advice/29264-light-sources-sketchup.html) but I want to be able to use actual lights not just sources of lights and be able to Gel and Gobo them as well.

Does any one have any screen caps of a sketchup file in WYS? Is there a better way? I dont want to spend money on WYS and then have it take 100 hours to do something I can do in 1 hour in sketchup.

Is there a better way that I may be missing?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back