Automated Fixtures Your views on VL3500 Wash

shaunthay

Hi CB! New member here.

Im currently heading the lighting deparment at church. We're looking at an upgrade / purchase of new wash movers. I was deciding on the Vari*Lite VL3500 Wash. May I have your views and opinons about how well this fixture do ?

Thanks!

What's the application? Throw distance? Are you interested in the regular version or the FX version? It's a huge bulky fixture that makes a lot of noise especially when you zoom it. You can throw it in to Studio Zoom mode though and quiet down the zoom, but that also slows it down. The zoom range is more limited than some other units if you're looking to use it as a general wash. However, it does have the split lens that allows you to do the narrow-beam look. It's also ridiculously bright and it has a really nice variable CTO if you're looking to make it look like a halogen in certain situations. Being that it came out about 6 or 7 years ago though, there have been a lot of developments in wash movers since then.

I have a bunch in my inventory, and like them a lot. They are stupidly bright, and I haven't found the zoom speed, nor the movement speed to be a detriment.
Then again, if you are expecting them to move as fast as a VL2500, or studio spot, you will be disappointed.

That being said, you don't say where you are from, and the fact that the VL3500 requires over 200v can be an issue for some in theaters, or churches.

Best bet is to get a demo from your local dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back