35mm slides from digital

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
So, heres a challenge.

I'm working on a senior capstone project by two of my classmates. They are putting on a performance of Two Rooms, which is set in the 1980's. The play has two slide shows built into it, and the desire is to use a classic 35mm slide projector in order to get the period look, feel and sound.

Here's the question, assuming we can't get our hands on a camera and actually have slides developed (another quest), we are planing to use one of the several companies readily found by Google to transfer our digital media into physical slides.

Here's the question: Has anyone ever had this done? Are any companies offering this service recommended/to be avoided?

Thanks Footer, this seems actually a lot more commonplace than I realized.

Last time I did this I actually had a bit of difficulty. Really don't know why.

It was for a show when I was in College that I was ATD for. We were using 4 digital projectors for the mainstage show, so I had to dig out a 35mm projector for the studio show. Worked great. However took a fair amount of doing to find someone who could do it in the GTA. Most places I contacted simply told me 'no', this was about 5 years ago.

Only found two companies who would do it in the area, and one was much cheaper than the other.

I made all the images up in photoshop, alongside the designer, and bingo-bango a series of slides for the show. Worked beautifully. No need for a modern digital projector at all.

Just keep in mind day by day more and more film labs are shutting down their film processing machinery, digital is winning out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back