ACN Priority/Puffer issues

lightz

All Moving Lights did not work for my show today!!!

It was due to a button not being selected on the ETC paradigm to allow the ION priority in the ACN network. This meant that the DMX data was merged with IONs data and hindered the moving lights due to HTP. After the 3rd hard reset (pulling power) I could magically select the "FB-ON" button and it worked again. However it was too late since we were near the end of the musical by that time.

I guess I learned the hard way: "Always test moving light cues before show starts or things may happen that one cannot follow and might not expect"

However the paradigm lost power mid-show and I could not properly reset it so that it allows prioritising. It did not boot into the gui properly.

Did any of you guys have something similarly embarassing happen to you?

I had a breaker trip during the middle of our worship service. Half of the lights, all the sound, computer with lyrics on-screen, went down. They just kept playing right through it and we were back online by the end of the song luckilly.

And in an unrelated event, right before we were supposed to start the fog machine quit responding to DMX. It went to probably 30% output and in that small room got hazier than we normally go to, before the service started. With the house lights on so it was very noticable.

I've had a 12 Ch china dimmer blow mid show once lost all of my side lighting and it scared the crap outta me. It sounded like a shotgun going off. After doing all the trouble shooting we could think of the electrician noticed the neutral feed wasn't tight in the panel :/ BTW it was previously installed before I got here and after 2 years I am still finding new mistakes everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back