Advice on LED Pars

Kody

i am looking for some fairly cheap LED pars to replace my source 4 pars. Does anyone have any suggestions

If you want them to be as bright, fairly cheap may not be so cheap. ETCs Desire 60?

Echoing Bill's comments, you might get a cheap LED Par fixture to be as bright as an S4 in certain colors, deep blue, darker purples, greens and maybe a red, but outside of a D60 and a few others, nothing may match intensity in white.

As well, the cheaper LED fixtures typically have somewhat narrow beam spreads - 15-25 degrees or so, thus getting the coverage you can get out of a wide flood S4 will be problematic unless the design provides for spread lenses.

I'm looking into getting about 4 of them for under $1,000. I don't need them to be the sane quality as the Source 4 Pars, they are going to be used mostly for lighting up a wall. It is a fairly high wall though, so maybe something that's has a pretty long throw. I do like the D60s but they are a bit pricey for what I am doing with them.

Thanks guys.

If you want anything close to the same brightness in pastels or open white, as a source 4 par, you are certainly going to have a tough time.

I'm looking into getting about 4 of them for under $1,000. I don't need them to be the sane quality as the Source 4 Pars, they are going to be used mostly for lighting up a wall. It is a fairly high wall though, so maybe something that's has a pretty long throw. I do like the D60s but they are a bit pricey for what I am doing with them.

Thanks guys.

Same quality or same brightness? Two different characteristics.

That said, try to get a demo of the Shoreline PAR and Colorsource PAR - and $4000 should get 6 or 7 if that works.

At that price, the best I could recommend are Blizzard HotBox 5 fixtures. They are no s4, but they get the job done for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back