Altman Phoenix LED

On the subject of issues, I've had the clutches come unriveted on one of my three. Going to be calling Altman later. These are about 18 months old, I think.

I would hope that's $200 off the minimum advertised price of $1462.50 and not the MSRP of $1950.00. The Altman cut sheet says diode life is 50,000 hours. It doesn't say that other components will very likely die before that. I'm not sure we have here any "people that use them regularly". My advice: buy as many as you'll need for a complete system now, as next year something better, brighter, less-expensive will come along.

150W vs. 250W is a no-brainer. The more difficult choice: RGBW, RGBA, 3000K, or 5600K ?
We have RGBW and RGBA and 3000K in our rental inventory. Also I have has a chance to light a concert with them. I found that the RGBW worked out fine for a front light but the RGBA did not. RGBA fine for BAX and side light but for a front light they just didn't have enough continuity of spectrum or a good enough white. The 3000K worked very well for a FOH unit.
Oh yes, when I was trying to decide which brand to purchase (ETC or Altman), I asked whether we would be able to re-chip the LED array. When I asked the same thing of ETC, they said - no. Since then, ETC has brought out a new fixture with fewer colors of emitters so the question of re-chipping would seem to be mute but I am still curious when will happen when/id Altman comes out with a brighter array with the same electronic requirements. I'm looking forward to trying this in the future.

We have RGBW and RGBA and 3000K in our rental inventory. Also I have has a chance to light a concert with them. I found that the RGBW worked out fine for a front light but the RGBA did not. RGBA fine for BAX and side light but for a front light they just didn't have enough continuity of spectrum or a good enough white. The 3000K worked very well for a FOH unit.
Oh yes, when I was trying to decide which brand to purchase (ETC or Altman), I asked whether we would be able to re-chip the LED array. When I asked the same thing of ETC, they said - no. Since then, ETC has brought out a new fixture with fewer colors of emitters so the question of re-chipping would seem to be mute but I am still curious when will happen when/id Altman comes out with a brighter array with the same electronic requirements. I'm looking forward to trying this in the future.
You know VL said the same thing about the VLX when it came out, and I have yet to hear any word of a 2.0 chip for that.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back