Control/Dimming Bad Fader on Expression 3

Dsotm75

Hey guys,

I have a submaster fader on an Expression 3 that is not in working order anymore. I'm curious to know how easy it is to acquire a new potentiometer to replace the bad one, or is it just something that I'll have to live with...which would be just fine honestly, I just like to keep gear in great working order when I can :)

Thanks ahead of time!

Hey guys,

I have a submaster fader on an Expression 3 that is not in working order anymore. I'm curious to know how easy it is to acquire a new potentiometer to replace the bad one, or is it just something that I'll have to live with...which would be just fine honestly, I just like to keep gear in great working order when I can :)

Thanks ahead of time!

ETC still supports the Expression series line of consoles, I'm sure you could order a new submaster from thier sales department, from an authorized Service Center, or even your local ETC dealer. However, I would strongly suggest you let them do the repair... It may cost more, but It's better than having to buy another board due to human error......

Just my 2cents.......

lightingguy1 is correct.
You can order the submaster fader potentiometer from any ETC dealer or representative. The ETC part number for that fader is P120.

That potentiometer is [-]surface mounted and[/-] soldered to the PCB. If you feel comfortable with your component level soldering skills, you are more than welcome to order the part and replace it yourself. However, if you do replace it yourself, ETC cannot warrant the repair and any damage that may occur to the submaster board will be your responsibility.

I do recommend that you have repair done by either the factory or an Authorized Service Center to reduce your risk and liability.

Last edited:
That's what I get for trying to remember each PCB from memory.

It is in fact soldered through the PCB making that replacement a bit easier.

Sorry for the confusion, I have corrected the above post.

That's what I get for trying to remember each PCB from memory.

It is in fact soldered through the PCB making that replacement a bit easier.

Sorry for the confusion, I have corrected the above post.

It's all good, I knew what you were talking about and getting at...Besides, it's not an easy chore to remember how all of your awesome consoles are put together :cool:

Thanks again, I really appreciate all of the help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back