Before Stage Pin???

I am a little late to the party here, but my high school in Murray Utah had stage plugs when it was built in 1955. I don't know the date that it was raised and replaced with a new auditorium, but it was used as the auditorium in the movie "High School Musical' and had just been finished before filming there. That would indicate that they were used there for quite a long time. In the original configuration, they were fed by an Ariel Davis autotransformer system. I attended that school from 1956 through 1959.

I am a little late to the party here, but my high school in Murray Utah had stage plugs when it was built in 1955. I don't know the date that it was raised and replaced with a new auditorium, but it was used as the auditorium in the movie "High School Musical' and had just been finished before filming there. That would indicate that they were used there for quite a long time. In the original configuration, they were fed by an Ariel Davis autotransformer system. I attended that school from 1956 through 1959.

A very long time indeed! As far as I can tell, it was first used back in the DC days and I can find no connector that predated it that went into widespread use. That would mean it was in use for the better part of 50 years! (And in some locations (1982?) quite a bit longer!) It certainly predates any form of electrical safety organizations! (and concern over human life.)

That being said, we still have one connection from that day that is in common use despite the fact that it could never receive any form of approval if introduced today. Best of all, it is found in most every home- The Edison medium light-bulb base (and socket.)

I have heard of "grandfathering" but in the case of the medium screw base, it would be great-great-grandfathering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back