Broken EDI CopyCat - what to do?

shamanskyh

I work in a K-12 school theatre department. For years we've used an Electronics Diversified CopyCat control unit (with preset boxes by the doors) to give others using the space an easy way of turning on and off the house lights. Recently, though, our CopyCat hasn't been functioning as it should: the last four presets are essentially non-functioning, and it has a habit of turning lights on at random times.

We intended to send the CopyCat in for service with Electronics Diversified, but we just learned that they've since gone out of business. What do we do?

Does anyone still sell CopyCats, such that we could just buy a new one? OR, I haven't looked into it much, but does anyone have suggestions as to a replacement from a different company? Though our CopyCat is mounted backstage, its primary function is allowing control from the wall boxes.

I found something from Johnson Controls that looks similar, but I've never seen these in use in other places. Can anyone vouch for these? Johnson Systems Inc.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give. I appreciate it greatly.

...We intended to send the CopyCat in for service with Electronics Diversified, but we just learned that they've since gone out of business. What do we do? ...
Contact Alan Child, DimmerDotCom, or another vendor listed at Service and Repair Vendors - ControlBooth .

If your system is deemed beyond repair, all the major lighting control manufacturers (and Fleenor, Interactive Technologies, Pathway Systems, etc.) have an architectural control line that may be suitable as a replacement. I'm sure http://www.vincentlighting.com/ could assist you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back