buying a new dimmer

Hey, I'm trying to find a new dimmer for our small performance space. One that we can use in house but that can also be used for traveling gigs. I think I've found one that will work, but i can't find any reviews for it. My forerunner at the mo is an ETC 4XSL620-M SmartPack Touring Dimmer Rack with Main Breaker. The dimmer we have now has kind of been frankensteined together by a local electrician and it runs out to pigtails on our truss. Any thoughts or suggestions otherwise?

What kind of capacity are you looking for? Tree mountable or rackmount?

And as always, what's your budget? :)

rack. definitely. most of the time, it will be sitting in our performance space as a semi-permanent fixture, and occasionally it will be used for small outside concerts. At this point, we really don't have one. I've been given the instructions,"find me the best piece of tech you can". We're looking into grants and private funding, so I'm not too worried about price. I'm more looking into something that will last a while. That being said, I don't really need the most expensive, just good quality.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that just cause you buy a touring rack doesn't mean that it is always covered by the rules for temporary installation. Also, even if it hasn't been a problem in the past doesn't mean it won't be an expensive fix later at the worst moment possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back