Control/Dimming Change active cue list on ION?

BBurwell

Hi,

I'm using an ETC ION to run a series of short plays at my school over the weekend. I have been recording each individual show as a separate cue list, but I'm not sure how to change the active cue list. For example, when I power on the board, I'm automatically in list 1.

Now I want to run the show for list 2. I type [Go to Q] [2] [/] [1] [Enter]. So now I'm in Q2/1 and life is good. But when I press GO, tragedy strikes! I end up in Q1/2!

I'm sure there is a very simple thing I'm not doing here, but how do I switch over to another list? I've looked all through the manual but I haven't seen anything... I might be looking in the wrong place...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ben

You're probably just looking in the wrong place. Instead of using [Go To Q], you need to use the [Load] function. Directly above the main fader is a button that says [Load]. In the command line, type [Cue] [2] [/] [1] [Enter] and then hit the [Load] key, and this will load cue list 2 into your main fader. Note that it won't actually take you into cue 2/1 - you need to press the GO button to actually move into Cue 2/1. On the LCD screen, you should see the L1 be replaced by an L2, plus the corresponding label if you've labeled it.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the very fast replies! I'm pretty sure this is what I am looking for... unfortunately I won't know for sure until I go in tomorrow, but I tried it in the offline "simulator" and it worked, so I think we're good. I know I've done it before but it's been a while (we only take out the ion 3x per year, the rest of the time we use an ancient Strand board) and I didn't remember how I did it last time.

I knew it had something to do with load, I tried something along the lines of holding down load and then pushing both fader buttons for that list or something like that... but this is much simpler (and actually works!).

Thanks again!

Ben

As an added note, once you know the order the show will play in, you can use the link command to link the multiple cuelists in the order that you wish to play them.

This may be helpful for playing back the show in order without having to rememeber to [Go to Cue] or [Load] every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back