Chauvet SlimParPro 64 RGBA weird issue

Hello all. New caller here. I am new to the world of lighting and have an peculiar issue that I can't seem to figure out.

I have four Chauvet Slim Par Pro 64 RGBA daisy chained together. At the end of the chain, the final Par connects to a Chauvet Hurricane Haze 2D. I am controlling all of this from a Stage Designer 40. Pars are all on Address 1 in 10 channel mode. The Hazer is on Channel 11. Everything works flawlessly most of the time but sometimes the second par in the chain decides to stay fully illuminated. It doesn't matter what I do, it just stays on at all times.

This only happens with the second par in the chain and everything else works like it's supposed to work. Any ideas? Please help.

The first two things I would check would be the cabling (make sure you are using data cable and not mic cable) and the termination at the end of the line (the haze machine in this case).

Also check to make sure they're on the same mode. If one gets into the slave/master mode, it can do crazy things to the whole line.

I've been dealing with large batches of another Chauvet PAR and have found that every 30 fixtures or so, there tends to be one thats just a bit unhappy. May be worth pulling it out of the chain and testing it on its own for a bit. If it's still angry, they should carry a 24 month warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back