Cheap light boards? What's at the bottom end?

The Fat Frog is not bad, it feels like a cross between older Hog and AVO. Support for Zero88 is not very good though, I was not able to get faders for a leapfrog that was only a couple years old, I had to remove good faders from the top row to swap with the sub-masters. They may have switched distributors and service centers since then, but I have not looked into it. That said Its a lot of desk for $600.

I would recommend the Zero 88 Fat Frog, esp at that price. For basic ops: It offers either 2 scene operation of 24 channels, or wide operation with 48 channels. In addition you get 12 intelligent lighting channels There are 20 pages of 12 submasters, allowing you to run pre-programmed cues from the subs. Also, the board offers 600 memory channels (stack) if you wish to playback cues via a "GO" button. The console can be set as cue only or tracking. Cues can be edited. Programming syntax is different than that of an Ion or other ETC product, but far superior to any SD or DJ board. The patch is completely programmable, out put is 1 universe of DMX512. There is also an off line editor to set up cues in advance. You will need a VGA monitor to effectively program and use the console. Also-it only uses floppy discs for storage, no USB.

Is the same universe sent out both DMX jacks on the back? There are two 5 pin DMX outputs on the back....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back