Cooked Sound Board

Hello all,
Long story short, my SM called me in the wee hours of the morning saying that our mixer wasn't responding correctly, I had set it up so that it was a "turn-on/turn-off" show (so we wouldn't have to pay a sound guy to babysit) I went in and every light on the console was lit up...... that to me meant shes cooked.

This board has had a rough life, before I took over the TD position at this theater NOBODY KNEW ANYTHING about tech, and treated their tech like garbage. Constant leaky ceiling, nobody covering it up etc. etc.

So yeah, no sound emitted from ANY I/O from what i've tested so far, and every light is on. Havent tested the Auxs yet.

Specs: Behringer Eurodesk MX3282A 32 channel mixer

I have attached pictures of what i'm talking about
20140506_204501.jpg
20140506_204510.jpg

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA?

This story does have a happy ending however, Told my directors we need a new board, told them to buy a Presonus 32AI... and I picked it up today!

Figure if I can fix this, I've got a new home studio board.

Any help is appreciated

-Ryan

I don't want to turn this into a Studiolive Vs X32 thread, but I will say that I (unfortunately) will not be the only one using this mixer, and at some point someone else WILL have to use it... and compared to the X32, the Studiolive is a little more user friendly and sounds just a little bit better than the X32 (IMO!)

ok...

now that that is out of the way, where do I begin with this board... swap the power supply? they are relatively cheap on eBay.

Hi Ryan,

You're not really going to know until you open it up. I'm thinking along the lines of a short in the connecting ribbon cable or master board (I'm not sure what's exactly inside this model) A quick google search also suggests an issue with the power supplies.

Congrats on the new desk!

Meter power supply output. Open it up and give it a quick visual inspection. Note, it's probably going to be gross and you may have to clean PCBs before you can diagnose anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back