CROWN ITECH 6000 Red Clip Lights always on without any audio feed

Can you describe the situation a bit more. Are you saying that the red clip light is on all the time and you can never get signal through or that when the clip light is on you lose signal or is it some other issue?

Ok so this is the story, I bought an Itech-6000 from ebay, with 400 something hours. I did two gigs with it and every thing was fine. Then on the third gig it was failing from channel one. I run my Itech stereo all the time. When I hook up my speakers I don't put them too loud, maybe I use 2000 watts per side(channel) at most. For the speakers I hook up one JBL MRX-528 into each channel. That being said I run on 4ohm stereo, the amplifier is capable of giving us 3000 watts a channel on 4ohms. I know I am not clipping my amp to the point of distortion. On channel one of the amp the music signal will be running through it and playing music, then all of a sudden the amp clips! When it clips the red light is on in (red led light place where it says clip). Then no music signal passes the amp from the channel one. And it is hard to get rid of the clip light, because once it is gone we are back in business. Lately the light will turn on when there is not even a signal present, neither is an xlr cable present at all. As I said clipping only happens on channel (one). Which sucks because I can't take advantage of the whole amplifier because I have it running in stereo and I only use channel two. If I were to bridge the amp I couldn't because that would be resorting to channel one exit signal, and thats useless because the clip light is present.

Ok so this is the story, I bought an Itech-6000 from ebay, with 400 something hours. I did two gigs with it and every thing was fine. Then on the third gig it was failing from channel one.

It sounds like the amp needs to go in for repair. Now you know why it was on ebay.

Right now i am having a large problem with majority of my crown itech 6000s where the Red clip lights are constantly staying on without any audio source being plugged in... i have sent them to crown and they have been fixed but every other week the same problem keeps happening, This has started to happen to all my amps all of a sudden... i have been using them for about 3 years now... These amps seem to be so unreliable because even after i send them to crown a week later the same problem is occuring... The service from crown seems to be quite crappy if they are not figuring out the root of this problem.. i cant be the only person with this issue... Is there anyone else that maybe having this issue?

Also... now that i am looking for a new amp.. any suggestions?
I am currently looking at some Lab Gruppens...
thanks
I know this post was quite some time ago but I have I-Tech 4000's for my monitor rig and I just experienced this for the very first time. Crown has long since denied knowing about any issue I bring to their attention regarding the I-Tech line but that is besides the point. Did you manage to resolve the Clip light issue in anyway? My amps are always wired for bi-amp or passive mode with the SRX712's. I turned the amp on the other day and the light just appeared. Thanks for any time you can lend on this subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back