Vintage Lighting date and discuss this fixture(s)

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Given current pricing on E-Bay, stuff like this is totally out of budget as with much over my price for me at least, I still find it interesting to do the hunt. Not saying it perhaps isn't worth it as it could be at full retail pricing given what it is - and it does look like it's in fresh condition.

Still though I noted some descrepencies in the description. Two different parts matched together as a given - why and what parts are missing? Still what dates and brands would you give to this (these) fixtures and why? What is 1940's Deco Black & Silver anyway where this description implies?

Note, it's at least not a #99 framing projector from Altman - at least the c.1962 version which is the same as in Altman's archive.. could be older or different brand? That makes it curious as with it's paint. What about the Inkie yet it's socket and wiring etc? The hinge pin also helps date it amongst other details like the slide plate.

Black & Chrome 1940's Machine Age Spotlight ~ Art Deco - eBay (item 140406910222 end time Mar-06-11 12:57:03 PST)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back