"Decor" Dimmers, patch, and console.

bitbrat

OK, I appreciate this may be against the rules, but....

I recently completed a major refit in a college theatre that involved removing some old Decor dimmers, push-pull patch-bay, and console.

I have all these parts laying around, and I just know someone is interested..... or knows someone who is interested.... Well, anyway, email me, message me, or something.

stagetech66 *at* gmail *dot* com would be a good place, or just reply right here.

Board mods - I am really sorry, I know this is kinda a "testing the waters" post - if it offends you too much, please kill the thread, and that will just prompt me to make a decision whether to set some prices on these parts, or offer them up for free+shipping.

Please understand, I don't "own" them exactly, my company does, but I have been tasked with dealing with them. I'm just trying to decide if they are so much junk. Seems a terrible waste to just dumpster them. :neutral:

Many thanks,

Andy

Thread moved to CB Classifieds.

bitbrat, I'd contact one or all of the fine service providers at Service and Repair Vendors - ControlBooth . They'll be better able to assess the value of, as dictated by the demand for, your parts. Good luck, and thanks for taking the time to investigate before just dumpstering them.

Hi folks, been a stupid busy day.... you don't want to know....

Anyway, since there is clearly some interest in these parts, here are some more details:

• This is a Decor system, custom installed from standard parts
  • Push/pull patch bay removed, and unfortunately partially "salvaged" by venue custodians for the copper before I got to it (*annoyed*) 130 circuits
  • I have about half the parts from the patch bay
  • Console is an analog two scene, with subs I think, not really sure, but I have the whole thing
  • Dimmers were a mix of 3.6k and 7.2 k of which I think there are 25 in varying states (some very definitely "dead")
  • I also have the dimmer slides and contact blocks, but not the wiring
  • I also have the mercury relays, contactors and power supplies from the control section
  • Bear in mind this stuff was removed as part of a total renovation, will be in varying conditions
  • THESE ARE PROBABLY ONLY OF INTEREST TO HISTORIANS AND PEOPLE WHO STILL SUPPORT THESE THINGS

If I can I will attach some photos.

OK how about this, here's the link to my Skydrive with the pictures - some useful, some not so much..... Oh, and the picture of the plugs.... anyone want a LOT of old 125volt 20 amp twistlocks?

Andy

Last edited:
Hi folks, been a stupid busy day.... you don't want to know....

Anyway, since there is clearly some interest in these parts, here are some more details:

• This is a Decor system, custom installed from standard parts
  • Push/pull patch bay removed, and unfortunately partially "salvaged" by venue custodians for the copper before I got to it (*annoyed*) 130 circuits
  • I have about half the parts from the patch bay
  • Console is an analog two scene, with subs I think, not really sure, but I have the whole thing
  • Dimmers were a mix of 3.6k and 7.2 k of which I think there are 25 in varying states (some very definitely "dead")
  • I also have the dimmer slides and contact blocks, but not the wiring
  • I also have the mercury relays, contactors and power supplies from the control section
  • Bear in mind this stuff was removed as part of a total renovation, will be in varying conditions
  • THESE ARE PROBABLY ONLY OF INTEREST TO HISTORIANS AND PEOPLE WHO STILL SUPPORT THESE THINGS

If I can I will attach some photos.

OK how about this, here's the link to my Skydrive with the pictures - some useful, some not so much..... Oh, and the picture of the plugs.... anyone want a LOT of old 125volt 20 amp twistlocks?

Andy

I know a theater who would take the twist locks depending on price and how many.
Send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back