Dimmers Stepping Badly

RileyChilds

Our Dimmers for our house lights are steping really badly!
Our Specs are:
Dimmers 40- NSI 2408 CD (5 Packs)
Board- NSI MC 7524
Wall Control- Lumanet 804 CP

The House lights are on 3 sepreate dimmers.

Also DMX is used for control out of the board

Any Help is Appricated

What do you mean by stepping? What kind of house lights are they? Have you recently upgraded to LED bulbs by chance? Has this stepping always happened?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yes they have allways steped, we are using incandescent lights hers is a video

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this occur when the houselights are controlled from the Lumanet wall station, the console, or both?
With programmed time fades, or when manually fading up or down with a slider?
Are your stage lights on the same system/ DMX run, and do they have the same problem?
Are your houselight DMX cable runs properly daisy-chained (with real DMX cable) and terminated at the end of the line?
Just a few questions to help you narrow down the cause.

Does this occur when the houselights are controlled from the Lumanet wall station, the console, or both?
Are your stage lights on the same system/ DMX run, and do they have the same problem?
Are your houselight DMX cable runs properly daisy-chained (with real DMX cable) and terminated at the end of the line?
I'm currently in the Friday Service, I think Just the Console but I will have to check in about 10 min. Me and my Dad checked it out, every thing is termintaed peoperly, wired, etc., also the houselights are fed off the Dimmers

Last edited:

OK From both the Console and Wall Panels, Just not as bad from the wall panels

Also ALL Cable Runs are under 1000' ft and are using REAL 5 pin DMX512 cable (Note the Wall panels hook directly into the dimmers, they use a propity network called LUNANET, NO DMX on the wall panel)

Carefully check the loads on the other circuits of the pack with the houselights. (assuming all house is on one dimmer pack) Compare those to loads on the other packs.

If they are stepping there might be a setting or power problem. You might try swapping dimmer packs if they aren't hard wired.

If not then either the pack needs repair, or the faders need cleaning. Since the house lights are used more than anything else both faders & dimmers are likely to break down first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back