Control/Dimming DMX Trouble shooting

Shirley you mean Phoenix connector blocks? Pull straight out with perhaps a little wiggle side to side.

proxy.php
yeah, not sure what happened with that lol but thats what I meant.

Hey there!

I'm Janell, with Doug Fleenor Design. If you'd like us to take a look at the splitter, our repair policy is pretty simple. Just send it over to us with a copy of our repair form (form link here, click me!), and we'll take a look at it for you. Based on the serial number of that unit, it looks like it's a bit over our 5 year manufacturing warranty, so it'll probably just be our standard $30+shipping fee. Most repairs are performed within a day, so the downtime on your system is just shipping speed. If you'd prefer, you're welcome to give us a call for some simple troubleshooting advice before removing it from your system. We're at (805) 481-9599, and any one of the engineers can help you out.

Also, if you'd like, write a note on the repair form and we can call you with a quote to switch the back panel/connectors to XLR. Just let us know!

Janell
Janell, I was able to remove the splitter from the signal chain and all worked as expected. I have started the repair process with our money person. Am I correct that it's a flat rate of $30 + shipping for repairs as opposed to a $30 bench fee with parts and labor added on top of that?

I removed the splitter from the signal chain and everything works. Trying to get the splitter repaired. In the meantime, here is my workaround. Not exactly how I pictured it, but it works. My soldering skills leave a lot to be desired. Thanks everyone for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 129
Janell, I was able to remove the splitter from the signal chain and all worked as expected. I have started the repair process with our money person. Am I correct that it's a flat rate of $30 + shipping for repairs as opposed to a $30 bench fee with parts and labor added on top of that?

Sorry about the late reply, @CTDixon. I'm in Vegas getting our booth ready for LDI this weekend. Yes, it's a flat $30 plus shipping, unless the entire board needs replaced or similar. If the repair is extensive, we'll always call you first and let you know before we do anything.

Janell, I sent it in last week and it sounds like it is finished. I got an email from Rosa asking for payment info for return shipping. My Accounts Payable person is out today. Thanks for all of your help. I'm looking forward to getting it back in service.

My DMX fixtures are flashing randomly when connected to my 2nd universe of DMX. I have two DMX out ports on stage that come from an optical splitter. Both ports behave badly. When I plug directly into the 2nd Universe out of my Ion, everything works fine. Are there any other steps to take before contacting Vincent Lighting for what will probably be an expensive service call?

You've answered your own question. It's the 2nd universe of DMX that is bad, either not getting enough power OUT, or a crossed wire at the connection. Either way that's your problem right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back