Effects question in 01v96

bjgowers

Hey All,
I'm engineering audio for a production that's using the Yamaha 01v96 version 2 console. My designer would like to apply reverb and LCR delay to 4 mic channels (that's both effects to all four mics, most likely at the same time) using the internal effects processor. The problem is, due to the large speaker count in our setup, all of my auxes and busses are being used for outputs. Normally, to accomodate these effects, I would use two of my auxes, one for each effect, and dial them up on my input channels as needed, but in the absence of auxes, I'm not sure what to do. I have plenty of input channels left, so i thought about using three channels for each mic (one dry mix, one reverb, and one delay), but I'm not sure how this is possible without maxing out the inputs on the effects routing screen. I understand that the Stereo L&R inputs (1-4) on the console can be used as effects sends and returns, but I'm not sure how to configure those properly. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it looks like you'll either have to sacrifice one of your effects (perhaps the LCR delay, since that's a bit worrying in the first place).

The stereo lines can be used as nice returns (a fairly typical setup for most things).

Or, conversely it could be done in a slightly hook or by crook, messy fashion, in which you setup reverb on effects slots 1 and 2, and the other effect on slots 3 and 4.

The direct outs of mono channels 1 and 2 can both be patched into the input of FX1 and FX3, channels 3 and and 4 patched into the input of FX2 and FX4.

So:

CH1 ---
> FX1 (Rev) --- ST1 L/R
CH2 ---

CH3 ---
> FX2 (Rev) --- ST2 L/R
CH4 ---

CH1 ---
> FX3 (Del) --- ST3 L/R
CH2 ---

CH3 ---
> FX4 (Del) --- ST4 L/R
CH4 ---

Or, this would at least be possible on a later Yamaha layered console, I'm not entirely sure about the 01V96.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back