Automated Fixtures Elation Platinum Wash ZFX Pro w/ ETC Ion

So our school just got 8 Elation Platinum Wash ZFX Pro's and we noticed that the Standard and Extended modes have control over the individual cluster colors. We're running off of an Ion as it is and we just updated our software to v2.0. Our Washes are set into Standard mode and are responding once we put it into patch, but we can't find out how to gain control over individual clusters. Is this something I would have to create a new patch fixture for or can I simply access it somewhere on the board with it patched as an Elation Plat Wash ZFX Pro S?

Many Thanks for any Feedback,
Sam Stark

I haven't used these particular fixtures, but i have used a Vari-Lite VLX3 as well as a Chauvet Legend 412 with Pixel control, and the theory is the same.

You can run them in Standard mode, if you want only 8-bit control. Or for smoother fades, you can run them in Extended Mode, and they take 42 Channels each. I am not sure of what profiles you have on the Ion, but on a Hog 4 this is what i see. The profile names and DMX Mapping should be the same. You can make the three parts into one fixture using the part function of the Patch. Or, you can create groups and palettes to control them.

You have 3 seperate profiles needed for the fixture in either mode: Platinum Wash ZFX Pro Motion, Platinum Wash ZFX Pro Cell and Platinum Wash XFX Pro Beam. You will need 1 Motion, 3 Cells, and 1 Beam for each Fixture. The extended mode will add the word extended into each profile name.

You need to patch the Motion first, Followed by the three Cells, and then the Beam. Ex. Your First fixture Motion Address is 1, Cell A is 9, Cell B is 13, Cell C is 17, Beam is 21. Your next fixture will start at 33 and continue the same pattern.

To control them with the console, you will have to bring the motion to full first, as this has a master intensity, and you can now bring up each cell to Full and then use the encoders to set a color. I would highly recommend making groups for all of the fixtures' Masters, Cells and Beams.

This sounds a little bit foreign to me.

Eos family consoles have presets for instruments so that you just patch the starting address and select the fixture type and it automatically assigns the required addresses (32 in this case) to the same channel. This allows it to be controlled as a "multi-parameter fixture" with encoders. You can also go in and create your own custom fixtures with specific addresses. It sounds like you're saying that I need to ignore the fixture types and just patch the addresses as dimmers to multiple channels so I can manually control each.

Does this sound about right?

I'm going to try to make my own fixture type and see if that works, but I have to work out a period of time to be able to sit down and go through multiple parameter options and troubleshoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back