ETC Express Console Question - Inhibit sub

EricE

We have an ETC Express 24/48 console. I'm slowly starting to learn it, but it definetly has it's own lingo!

I have an inhibit sub-master that I want to use whenever we are going to show videos in our facility. I would like to dim all the channels exept for a channel that has two floods with blue gels - and I would like to take the blues down to 20% and leave them there. I like using an inhibit sub because it allows me to temporarily dim or black out without affecting the current lighting configuration.

I have figured out how to create the sub, I have all the channels except for the one with the blue gels selected, but I can't figure out how to bring the blue channel down.

Right now, the inhibit sub doesn't affect the blue channel. So if I have another sub that has the blue channel pushed up to 100% or some other percentage, they stay there which is often brighter than I would like. If I try to specify an intensity - well, it doesn't work :)

So, with an inhibit sub is there a way insted of bringing the channel down to 0 or ignoring it and leaving it where it is to instead bring it down to a set percentage every time the inhibit sub is used?

Thanks!

An inhibit sub will only affect all channels proportionally IE no.

I see a few possible solutions

1. Write a cue with your blues at 20% and simply go to that cue
2. Use two inhibit subs. One for the blue channels and one for all else. Depending on what is up when you start, you would fade down the all-else channel and either fade up your blues using the faders, or down using the inhibit subs
3. Use three subs. One inhibit for all-else. One inhibit for blues. One HTP for the blues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back