ETC Expression with Emphasis (Flexichannel Q)

Hey Guys,

Is anyone familiar with an ETC Expression, and the flexi channel option? I was curious if there is a way to Purge the flexi-channel. Lamens terms, I have channels that are appearing when I am in the flexi channel mode, but in patch, no dimmers are assigned to the channels.

Is there another reason they are showing up? Or is there a way to Purge (have Expression refresh and check against the patch list, only showing channels that have dimmers assigned to them).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Matt

Hey Guys,

Is anyone familiar with an ETC Expression, and the flexi channel option? I was curious if there is a way to Purge the flexi-channel. Lamens terms, I have channels that are appearing when I am in the flexi channel mode, but in patch, no dimmers are assigned to the channels.

Is there another reason they are showing up? Or is there a way to Purge (have Expression refresh and check against the patch list, only showing channels that have dimmers assigned to them).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Matt

Matt,

This comes from the Expression 3 manual,

Updating Flexichannel​
When channels that were used in a show are removed from the show,
they remain in channel displays until Flexichannel is updated. Press
[Setup] [1] [Enter] [S1],​
Purge Flexi, to update Flexichannel. This update follows the same rules for Flexichannel that are given above.

Hope this helps!
-Lightingguy1

Also, just so you know, the flexi mode of the Expression family is akin to the Show Channels Flexi of the EOS family or other boards. This means it shows all channels that have a level recorded in a cue/submaster somewhere in the showfile. This means it is not related to the patch. You can have channels recorded in a show that are not even patched to anything and vice-a-versa you can have a dimmer patched to a channel, but if the channel is not used in the show, it will not show up.

-Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back