Control/Dimming ETC Idea 48 locking me out - Inexperienced! Need help!

lmcnamara

Hi! I have very little tech experience, but I'm trying to run the tech booth at a high school auditorium for a summer program production we have! The production is in 2 days, and the light board we are using is acting up. Any ideas or help would be great! We aren't setting cues or anything - we just want to be able to manually adjust the channels as the show goes on. The tech director isn't here in the summer, and when I contacted him he said he didn't know what was wrong.

The board is an ETC Idea 48.

Basically this is problem I'm having:

When I turn it on, after a second the little screen reads something like this:
STAGE GM=FF
CUE UP /DOWN
1 00:05 00:05

When that is on the screen, we can control everything. The "stage" LED is lit.

Then without provocation the screen will change to this:
ETC IDEA YER.
48 CHANNEL, EPROM OK

(And it will sometimes flash "VIDEO OPTION OK" at the bottom)

The "stage" LED isn't lit - none of the LEDs are on, really.

When that comes on, various lights will flash in succession, and we can't do anything on the light board.

The screen that comes on is the first thing that shows when it starts up – so I have no idea why that screen starts appearing again, or why different lights would start flashing.

The lights will just stay on even if the channel for that light is moved down. When I turn off the board, the lights will stay on - and then will go off once I turn it back on.

I have no idea what we might have done to cause this, or if there is solution.

I deleted the cue memory, because that was the only helpful thing I could find in the manual. But that didn't seem to help.

Okay,

Lets go through this step by step. Lights staying on when you power down is normal so don't worry about that

If I remember correctly the idea was an a/b fader console? Do you see an a/b fader? Move that to the other direction and y our lights might come back up.

When you says lights flash do you mean stage lights or lights on the console itself?

Sounds to me like the console is rebooting. This could be due to a failing power supply, a failing power supply harness or a power supply in need of adjustment. Probably your best next step is to contact your dealer in the area to see if they can fix it for you in time for the show. Certainly try the items listed in the other posts, but since you are in a hurry and close to the weekend, don't take too long to act.

Gopher, Secoa or Norcostco could lend a hand.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back