ETC Ion issue with recording cues

mf720

Hey all!

I searched around, and I couldn't find any threads that discussed this issue. Sorry if I missed it.

I'm working on an ETC Ion and trying to record cues. Every time I turn on the channels I want, and then "Record Cue 1" (or whatever cue number), two specific channels turn on to 100% and are recorded into the cue. The channels turn on as soon as I hit "enter" and it's the same two channels every time.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Thanks for your help!

It could be that those two channels are recorded into a previous cue number and you have tracking turned on. If tracking is enabled then you should see the word "Tracking" in the upper left corner of the live display. If you want to see if these channels are recorded into a previous cue and are tracking forward, you can look at the cues in Blind.
If this is the case, you can remove them from the other cue, OR block them in the new cue, OR turn tracking off (go into Cue Only Mode).

It could be that those two channels are recorded into a previous cue number and you have tracking turned on. If tracking is enabled then you should see the word "Tracking" in the upper left corner of the live display. If you want to see if these channels are recorded into a previous cue and are tracking forward, you can look at the cues in Blind.
If this is the case, you can remove them from the other cue, OR block them in the new cue, OR turn tracking off (go into Cue Only Mode).

Thanks for the response! I will definitely look into that. If I delete all of the recorded cues in the current show, would the board still be tracking channels that were recorded into cues that no longer exist?

Hmm, I'm sorry. Sounds like some artifact information is stuck.
If the rest of the suggestions don't work then I would suggest starting a new show file and merging in any patch or palette data you may need from the old one.

That's not how tracking works. If you are recording in live, what is live on stage is what gets recorded into the cue. What color are the values on the screen? When you are recording the cue and when you are playing it back? Do you have capture on? If you [About] the channels that are troubling you, where is the source?

-Tim

That's not how tracking works. If you are recording in live, what is live on stage is what gets recorded into the cue. What color are the values on the screen? When you are recording the cue and when you are playing it back? Do you have capture on? If you [About] the channels that are troubling you, where is the source?

-Tim

Before I do anything, all of the values are red. As soon as I type "Record Cue 1 Enter" all of the values turn blue, except the two problem channels turn yellow and go to 100%. When I play back the cue, the problem channels are yellow.

Before I do anything, all of the values are red. As soon as I type "Record Cue 1 Enter" all of the values turn blue, except the two problem channels turn yellow and go to 100%.
Sounds like they are up in a Sub. [About] the channels and find their source.

Found it! Fixed! The channels were up in a sub on a different page. I thought that there would be arrows next to the sub labels to represent that; my mistake. Thanks for all the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back