Control/Dimming ETC Microvision Monitor help please

Dear David, I bought on ebay interface "GBS-8220" but it came to me, aesthetically in all the same but on the pcb reads "HD 9800 v.5.0". I did various tests and links, but never anything on the screen, I hope in the coming days to try to solder the connector as you suggested and let you know, I'm on tour. Searching the internet I found one that I had discouraged information, you insert the link," KnowledgeBase: Video Monitors for Expression (1) and MicroVision Consoles - Electronic Theatre Controls" and I hope that your instructions are positive. I'm using the Consol with a now old and bulky CRTs, I liked to use an LCD, most practical transport, do not despair, thanks for your attention, regards, Walter

Dear David, I had some free time and I have done several tests, but I have not had any results, I also tried to use the composite video output, but nothing. I would like to know if anyone uses this same interface, or which interface buy, that certainly works. Thank you, also for the time you spend, Walter

Dear David, I had some free time and I have done several tests, but I have not had any results, I also tried to use the composite video output, but nothing. I would like to know if anyone uses this same interface, or which interface buy, that certainly works. Thank you, also for the time you spend, Walter

Hi Walter,

You did say that you are currently using CRTs and that they are working? If they are not working, then the console may need to be repaired, but if they are working, we just need to get you the right adapter.

I do not know if anyone has used this interface. We have tried several here and we get the best results from the ACV-011, which can be purchased on ebay or online. We use two of these cards in Repairs daily. If the current card cannot be made to work with a little soldering, then it might be easier to jump to the ACV-011.

Let me know,

David

Hi Walter,

You did say that you are currently using CRTs and that they are working? If they are not working, then the console may need to be repaired, but if they are working, we just need to get you the right adapter.

I do not know if anyone has used this interface. We have tried several here and we get the best results from the ACV-011, which can be purchased on ebay or online. We use two of these cards in Repairs daily. If the current card cannot be made to work with a little soldering, then it might be easier to jump to the ACV-011.

Let me know,

David
Dear David, I am using the expression with an old CRT 14 ", black and white, it works fine, I just want to reduce the space of the monitor with a monitor flat lcd.'ll Try to look on the internet this interface ACV-011 and as soon as I try it I'll give you information. Thank you for the courtesy and helpfulness, Walter

NECRO POST:

David,

So I have an ETC Insight 1, and our CRT died. (posting over from. http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/monitor-db9-connector-for-etc-insight.38027/
I found the below device (which already wired and boxed ready to go is ideal) the conosle outputs at 15khz correct. I did see the other cards listed earlier that work, but something already put together is ideal for my skill set. Something along these lines seems the most practical way of solving my problem rather then going the dicer "monocrhome" output option. I tried it on a number of old school Camera/video monitors, and it did work so goo.d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15Khz-RGB-C...985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0bd53361

Nick

HI Nick,

I have not used this device, but it is possible that it would work. If you'd like, I can order one and test it, but it will take some tie to get here from California.

Let me know,

David

Well, we've ordered the "converter scaler" to see how it does and we will post the results here. Talk soon!

David

Hi,

Turk ordered in an adapter and got it to work. Here are the details:

"It worked. The screen was a bit muddy but most adapters are like that. Used 9 to 15 pin adapter to plug the console into the Component /CGA to PC Converter input (CGA IN). The attached LCD monitor (I used Dell 1708FPT) in to the D-sub input to the Component /CGA to PC Converter output (PC OUT) with switch set to XGA. Attached is the pinout of the adapter cable."

RGB ADP3.jpg

The unit looks to be labeled as an "AV-1M scaler", in case the ebay link above goes bad and we need to find them again. They do show up on the Googler. The ebay posting also shows an option to buy their DB9-HD15 adapter cable, which I am going to recommend that you do just to make things easier.

Good luck!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back