Automated Fixtures ETC Revolution Scroller Issue

I have been starting to have issues with one of the scroller modules on one of my Revolutions again and was wondering if anybody else has had this problem before?

When I attempt to run the scroll from one side to the other, all of the sudden the scroller grinds to a halt getting stuck somewhere in the middle. If I tell it to go to the home position, it will very slowly scroll itself back to home but then it will get stuck again if I try to scroll more than a couple frames forward or back again.

I have sent in a scroller module in to be repaired once before as well as purchased a new one and that seemed to solve the problem, at least for a while. I'm going to talk to ETC about them again tomorrow and try to solve the problem, but I have a feeling there's more to it than just a faulty module as this has happened to me at least once a summer the last few years.

sounds like maybe a tension issue created from melted gel. Is the frame it gets stuck at particularly saturated? If it's happening annually to one unit, I would check to see what's consistent. That is abnormal service in my experience with S4 Revolutions, they're heavy as tanks because they are basically light tanks. But high heat and a dark gel will give you problems on a fairly regular schedule...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back