Control/Dimming ETC Unison preset playback

JLicklider

I have an ETC Unison control module with entry stations, lcd touch screen, etc. in our theatre. I would like to have one of the presets in the Unison system playback at a specific time of day. For example at 6pm the lobby lights turn on, which is Preset 4. I've looked around in the Unison control screen but can't find anywhere to do this. It seems unison is now a legacy ETC product and can't find user manuals online now.
So is there a way to do this? I know using the light board it can be done with cues times, but that would require leaving the board on all the time, and that the preset entry stations couldn't override anything.
Any ideas?

You can hire a local tech who has the Light Manager software to make a timed event for you. Should be a pretty simple addition.

Light manager is a special software that ETC only issues to those who go through a training class. You can make a back up of you unison and then call ETC, they will want you to email it to them. Then you will need to know the dimmer addresses that you want to do thing with. Think through what you need and write it out, that will help when you call them. They can program it and send it back. You may need to get a USB 3.5 floppy drive.

Attached is the manual that will help you back up your unison to a floppy. ETC will have to program it. PS always keep a back up disk, just in case.

Attachments

• L_ErDimmingRack_M.pdf
    849.4 KB · Views: 3,531
Thanks! Im glad to know I can email the file to them and get things changed. If I can just find a computer with a 3.5" floppy drive now!

You will be wanting to have ETC tech support walk/talk you thru this process, as you need to know how to do the following:

1) Find the disk and drive on the CEM, which is the main Unison processor
2) Access via the menu, the OS and save the current configuration file to a floppy.
3) Send the .cfg file to ETC, get it back and reload into the CEM.

There's possibility to screw the system in all this, thus I'd be in contact with ETC or a certified tech to do it correctly.

They prefer not to do these edits themselves. A tech on site will understand far better and can offer solutions you haven't considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back