Etcnet2 Node Dropping edmx

Ok- I’m a newbie to adding nodes.

I’m using a Etcnet2 Node to get me universes 3-5. I configured the node in the software for the appropriate port outputs for the universes and it sustains an appropriate IP address. When everything first boots up, it works fine, lights and all, but then after a few minutes, the green lights on the port blink indicating it’s not outputting EDMX (even though it just was). Sigh. What’s going on? Is it on the board side that I’m not setting up? I’m operating a Classic Ion.

Need more information.
Conole?
Settings?
Has it worked before and this is a new issue or is this a new config?
Network settings for devices?
Network switches?
Switch multicast settings?
What else is on network?

Software version on the ion? After 3.1 I think net2 is no longer an option.
Regards
Geoff

Some things you can check:

1. Check for compatibility: https://support.etcconnect.com/ETC/Consoles/Eos_Family/RPU/Net2_AVAB_Draft_sACN_on_Eos_RPU
  2. Verify the console is outputting Net2
  3. When you are changing your nodes, make sure you are actually applying the changes
  4. If Mac filtering is enabled on your network, it may be blocking the node. Make sure the Mac address of the node is registered on the network.
  5. Are you using concert of GCE to configure? Run both to verify a node and the system isn't write protected.
    1. check for any firmware updates to the node.
  6. It is possible that you have a failing node. Try the settings with another node and see if it sticks.

Need more information.
Conole?
Settings?
Has it worked before and this is a new issue or is this a new config?
Network settings for devices?
Network switches?
Switch multicast settings?
What else is on network?
Ion Classic ver 2.9
Net2 enabled
Edmx enabled (priority 10)
Used NCE for configuration
It works when initially booted. Then after about 5 min it starts blinking indicating Edmx not outputting. The other day- I got busy doing other things, went back and checked on it after 30 min or so, and it never blinked again the rest of the day (another 3 hours). Today it seems to be repeating (but I am waiting the 30 min or so to see if it stops again).

Only the console, node, and iPad are on the network. Pic attached if NCE address properties.

Attachments

• IMG_9341.jpeg
    IMG_9341.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 26
So- is it possible it just needs about 20 minutes to become stable?? Has anyone experienced that? Once again, yesterday, I started up everything. It was solid green for about 3 min, then started blinking, then after about 15min, the lights were solid and stable for the rest of the time I was there, 5 hours.

If it's works for the first 3-5 minutes, then stops, it sounds like an IGMP issue on the switches. See if you can disable IGMP Snooping to test. Then, have a serious look at the config of the the Querier if you find that the issue.

If it's works for the first 3-5 minutes, then stops, it sounds like an IGMP issue on the switches. See if you can disable IGMP Snooping to test. Then, have a serious look at the config of the the Querier if you find that the issue.
You probably know better than I, but iirc, etcnet2 didn't play nicely with multicast, so disabling the querier might be the play if this is the scenario

You probably know better than I, but iirc, etcnet2 didn't play nicely with multicast, so disabling the querier might be the play if this is the scenario
You are indeed remembering correctly that NET2 doesn't play nicely with IGMP. I don't know if there's a way to make it work, but the standard configuration I would use for sACN definitely breaks EDMX/NET2. Disabling IGMP snooping entirely in the switch would be a good troubleshooting step.

That's also how MAC filtering works on one our networks. Everything works for a bit and then the device is booted from the network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back