Control/Dimming Express will only bring up groups of channels

atdorman

Hi all,

So, I am working with this OLD theatre rig and they have an express. I ran into a bizarre problem I've never seen. I can't bring up a singular channel. If I bring (20) to full, the light won't turn on, but if I bring (1)-(100) to full (20) will turn on. Is there some mode I don't know about, I cleared park and subs (even though those wouldn't have caused this problem).

Thoughts?

Thanks.

If you're bring up 20 with a fader, it could be that. Is it doing this on a 1-1 patch (just to take any weird patching issues out of the mix...) ?

Question: When you bring 20 up with the keypad, is channel 20 showing on the screen, but you just aren't seeing the instrument light up? Or does nothing happen on the screen unless you select all of 1-100?

Option B I don't believe would be possible, and if it's option A then it sounds like a patch issue; whatever instrument you think is channel 20, isn't really channel 20 but instead something else in the range 1-100. If just going to patch and your paperwork to figure it out doesn't work, I would start making smaller channel selections to narrow it down. For instance, try 1-50 and if it comes up, try 1-25. If it doesn't try 50-100, and so on and so forth until you figure out what channel the instrument your looking at is patched to.

-Tim

Try typing "Dim - 1 - @ - Full - enter" and use the "+ " button to light up each dimmer in sequence singley. If the instrument CAN light up, this will at least tell you how it's getting power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back