Design favourite videos of amazing lighting

what kind of lighting(or any specific genre of music)?

Search youtube for "TSO + Wizards in Winter" ;-)

This youtube video (TSO 2010) has almost the entire TSO concert in 11 parts. This is the first one. It was quite an amazing show. The next part should be the first or second link on the relating videos section.

• this video (part 9) has some pretty cool LED stuff.

• This Video (part 10) has a lot of moving heads in it.

• This video (part 11-final) has pyro(0:03), lasers(1:40), moving heads (anywhere), giant flying platfrorms (3:00), and more pyro (7:00)

• This video (different show) has pyro and at 1:10 shows the extent of the rigging. (PS. The front rows on the floor get REALLY hot.)

Last edited:
Since another light show video was linked - here's the one of mine out of the 8 or so that I did that I consider my best (from senior year of college):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

YouTube - Light Show - Live & Let Die

As far as concert lighting, it isn't super flashy in most cases, but any video from the Phish Hamptons shows as well as any HD video of Umphrey's Mcgee with their latest LD Jeff Walful. Great shows, both showcase Martin MACIII profile fixtures and they really look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly off topic, but the 1901 music video by Phoenix is the best use of digital lighting I've seen so far. Great movement effects that can't be done with conventional/automated lights. It's videos like this which excite me for the future of digital lighting and video on stage.

Phoenix - 1901
(Couldn't find a link w/o an advertisement, sorry)

KevBot: Another in the "performer as projection surface" genre. This one without any of those newfangled "digital lights," just ancient thirty year-old technology. Some nice lighting though.;)

(Content may not be appropriate for some viewers.)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back