G'day from Vancouver, BC

Trond

Hey all,

Just saying hello and appreciating all the good stuff I've read here so far as a lurker.

I'm pretty new to theatre, but have a few years of film and video under my belt as a production assistant, sound assistant, and videographer.

I've recently been rehired by my old employer, a private all-girls school, and along with doing building maintenance and driving their school bus (jobs I did for them before), I'm now also their new theatre tech for their 350-seat theatre. Luckily, there are a number of student techies I can learn from, but as I don't want to look like a total noob, I'll be cramming to teach myself the ETC 48/96 Express light board and the Yamaha LS9-32 sound mixer before school starts next month.

Wish me luck and thanks for being such a great resource!

Cheers,
Trond

Welcome aboard! The light and sound boards you will be working with are very common. There are a lot of members here who use them regularly. Do not hesitate to reach out if you cannot find the answer to what you are looking for.

Good luck in your new position!

~Dave

1Welcome aboard. I loved your city when I visited it (many years ago). We have many Canadians on the board, so when things seem a bit different, then there will be interpreters of sorts! Have fun learning.

Thanks for the fine welcome gents. I will certainly reach out if I need a hand. And I'm glad to hear there are other canucks here too. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back