Conventional Fixtures Generic LED light with USB to DMX and MagicQ

gilzissu

Hello,
I bought MagicDMX dongle and one Generic 4 Channel Par LED just for the beginning, because I want to learn how to work with Lightning for my band.
I'm trying to use MagicQ but I couldn't find how to make it work with my Par-LED. I followed some tutorials so I got to a point that I set MagicQ to work with the MagicDMX (there are 2 lights on the dongle, 1 consistent green light and the other is blinking orange). then I tried to use the Patch option and to 'add a head', there I tried to choose different kind of heads but it didn't work. Sorry if this is an amateurs question
proxy.php
If someone can guide me a bit, it will help me a lot!
I'm attaching pictures of the document that I got with the the LED, maybe it can help.

Thank you a lot!

Great to hear you've got a MagicDMX and MagicQ Setup.
Looking at that manual, the fixture looks like a 4 channel LED fixture with a dimmer channel, then R, G, B colour control channels.
In MagicQ you'll want to go into Patch > Choose Head. Then select 'Generic' inside this folder select the 'LED 4ch' fixture. Next select the DIM + RGB mode.

You'll then need to patch the fixture in MagicQ. One way you can do this is:
Make sure you are in 'view heads' view in the patch window (top left of window), then press the 'patch it' soft button.
In this popup box you enter the number of head @ universe - start channel. So if you have 1 LED par with a MagicDMX its going to be on universe 1.
So you will enter here 1@1-1. This would then patch 1 LED par on universe 1 starting at channel 1.
you can use the 'head test' option in the patch window to verify you have this correctly patched in MagicQ. Don't forget to turn this off after use.

The only other thing you will need to do is put your LED par in DMX mode and set its start address to 1.
Looking at the manual that will be dip switches 1 and 1 on, all others off.

Hope this helps. Any other questions do let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back