Control/Dimming Gma2 wing

DuckJordan

Touring IATSE Member
So I have the need to purchase a gma wing for work, what would street price for those be? The reason a wing and not the full console is due to what we need to control. We also have a stand alone macbook pro to run the onpc software...

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I believe its something like $10 or $11k... But it might be more if I'm not remembering correctly.

I think that was MSRP, I think street price is around 8k.

Wow, not cheap. Looks to be the most complete wing on the market though. Comes out to be about the same price as a Hog PC setup with all the bells and whistles.

Yeah, but who wants to run a hog setup. (Also the hog wing system needs three pieces as oposed to just this wing)

But its worth mentioning the baby version of the m1 costs a little less than the MA wing.

I'll have to look at the difference between the m1 and the wing when i get home. We see more riders request a GrandMA system more than hog and its easier to find hogs to rent. Hence the grandMA decision.

That's true if you're talking about the M2GO, which is the full feature console. If you're talking about the M2PC, the straight wing, then it is a little bit more than half the price of the MA OnPC wing. Using list prices.

I was talking about the M2GO, my preference is to have a full console and not need a PC.

Either way, if I was told I was getting xxxx desk and walked in to find a laptop (let alone one with no touch screen) I would not be too thrilled.

The requests are worded in such as to want the grand ma software and will be clearly told that this is in fact a pc running on pc with a control wing.

Don't bash Hog. It has its applications, just as the MA does. Plus, I could get 2+ Roadhog Full Boars for the price of one MA.

For 11k you could buy a standard Roadhog.

So I have the need to purchase a gma wing for work, what would street price for those be? The reason a wing and not the full console is due to what we need to control. We also have a stand alone macbook pro to run the onpc software...

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I have mine in front of me, paid far less than 8k. Can't qoute you publicly but nobody pays list... :)

I'd recommend it highly, just used one to replace a hog pc set up in a nightclub, Wayyyyy more functionality on the wing.. midi, timecode, ability to run 2 touchscreens, and most important to that install able to lock out the DJ's from and recording of cues. Making it a playback only installation was a dream for the manager because of the frequent service calls due to mistaken overwriting...

Also with my Grandma 1 NSP this wing will run 6 universes.... :)
Axis

Re: touch screen pc for using with wing/widget

Hi,
I am looking to buy the new Grand MA wing (MA onPC command wing) and was wondering what kind of all in one PC with a touch screen would be good for that? or even to use it with a hog widget.what do you use and works well/has enough usb outputs, and evtl. even a port for a second screen to add.
any experiences with that would be appreciated.

I use it with an HP Touchsmart 320 with a USB to DVI dongle to run another non touchscreen monitor for the Cuelist window. I've also seen people use the Dell Inspiron One 2320 as well. Both will run you in the $800 range.

Re: touch screen pc for using with wing/widget

I would push anyone to get the onPC wing for GMA2 if you can't afford an ultralight or light. You can pair it with a pc, run the free 3d visualizer on the side (also acts as a backup), and use multiple Ipod/Ipads as remote controllers. It's a good way to program, and worth every penny. Vista is also competitive in this category, and Vista benefits well from touch-screen monitors. Our company uses these and the Chamsys MagicQ boards, and it all comes down to programmer's comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back