Control/Dimming grandMA 1 Help

PankuBox

Hi,

A am a newbee programmer, and i am in the process of programming a show.
This is what I need to do. I have multiple scenes in my show so

Fader 1 (SEQU 1.1)
Move in Black
(Preset FIX) Full at 100
Goto SEQU 1.2

Fader 2 (SEQU 1.2)
Move in Black
(preset FIX) full at 100
Goto SEQU 1.3

Same for fader 3 to 15

each Preset FIX is different with over 80 Moving heads and 100 Dimmers.
Each scene has a specific color and position for the moving heads.

I need to know how do i program this in the grandMA 1

Thanks

I mean why do you want to put each scene on a separate slider? You could just make your first look, have a black out cue, then create the second look and so on, on the one fader. in the cue list window "MIB" box allows you to have the lights preset in the black out.

I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you're trying to record a bunch of cues that will happen sequentially each time you hit the Go button. You're actually complicating this way more than you need to. Pull up your first scene and store it into an empty Fader. Now make adjustments until your second scene is live on stage. Press store and push the same fader button as you did before. This will bring up a dialog asking you what you want to do. I don't have the console in front of me, but some of the options are Overwrite, Merge, Record second cue, and others (exact phrasing may be different, it's been a while). Push the one that says "Record second cue" and now you'll have two cues on that fader. Continue to store scenes to the same fader in the same way. When you play them back, you can advance through the scenes just by pressing the same fader Go button.

Basically, the MA is set up a bit different from other consoles in that it first assumes a sequence will only be used to store one look/scene - not uncommon for busking and other live shows. To change that behavior into a sequential cue stack, you just need to record a second cue into the sequence and it will then assume that this is a cue list to be played in sequence.

Hope that helps!

Just remember that if you have multiple sequences on your faders, the active fader/stack will be the one to advance when you hit the big go button. The active sequence will be the one highlighted in green. To change the active stack press SELECT then the tap the stack you want active.

If running multiple stacks just set the fader buttons up to your choosing to have a GO+/GO-/PAUSE, or whatever else you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back