Greetings from Detroit

JJO

Hi everyone,

I'm a theatre teacher from the Metro-Detroit area. I've been directing for about 10 years now and doing tech for about 12. At my university, I was the only female on the payroll in the scene shop, so I'm pretty proud of my abilities. That said, my skills are nowhere near where a lot of you professional guys' are, so I am looking forward to contributing where I can on this board and also to just reading and learning from others' questions.

See you around!

Welcome JJO! It is always great to have another Metro Detroiter here. Hope you have a great time on CB!

~Dave

Welcome to CB. I spent many years in scene shops and could build most anything needed but artistic painting was where I stepped back. I can paint base coats but when you start tecturing I can watch with best. I would go help the light techs. :)

And a hearty hello from Fort Wayne, just down the road a'piece!

Welcome to the ControlBooth-

Welcome to CB. I spent many years in scene shops and could build most anything needed but artistic painting was where I stepped back. I can paint base coats but when you start tecturing I can watch with best. I would go help the light techs. :)

I'm the same way. I mean, I can texture a bit, but if there was stuff with little brushes, detail painting, etc, I ran away as fast as I could. Even with painting the big stuff, though, I made such a mess that the TD usually just told me to go build something. This, without a doubt, angered the male techs who were left painting while I got to play with the big toys. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back