Had a thing Monday

BillESC

Not sure where this fit.

I had a four man crew, plus myself on Monday to install a 98" Windows 11 Touch Screen and AI 360 degree on line meeting camera in the local community library.

We had to carry the 276 pound flat screen up two flights of stairs to the upstairs meeting room.

The last thing I remember is being at the bottom of the stairs.

The team realized something was wrong and called my wife who came and took me to the hospital. I came home yesterday after a cat scan and mri and of course being awoken every two hours for blood pressure, temp, etc.

It seems I experienced a Transient Global Amnesia episode. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/transient-global-amnesia/symptoms-causes/syc-20378531

My crew got the 20K contract installed, operational and tutorial accomplished.

This is my 50th year in business and if there is one suggestion I can't stress enough, hire the best, pay them well and they will take care of you.

Here's a short video from the training session. https://fb.watch/l3APjkL22j/

I'm taking a couple days and things are coming back. Sucks getting old, but I'm proud of my team and thankful I should be back to normal in a couple days.

Wow - Bill, that sounds close. Glad the screen didn't land on you, my friend.

Here's my story of the month. I was 200 miles from home base installing 5 audio systems at a large summer camp when I got the call that my dad entered hospice 2.5 weeks ago. oops - time to go. Dirty dusty environment; face ID not working well for LastPass. So it forced me to re-enter character string for the master password. And I couldn't do it - the last few characters of the string eluded me (and do even today). I'm limping on my son's emergency access, and he's getting annoyed with how long its taking me to dig it out of my brain. A different kind of memory lapse - but I'm the geezer right next to you on the slippery steps to the big control room in the sky. Take care! and if you know my password ... send it on!

My "oh no" moment was about 5 years ago. Gig ended early enough I could still get to my local Kroger-ish store for some breakfast stuff. About 1130pm I pull out of lot to drive the 7 blocks to my house, stop at the red light. Then I hear the car behind me honking, I see my turn arrow and I proceed. The next thing I notice is a guy in a black hoodie pounding on my window. I thought I was being carjacked, so I hit the gas.

FFWD through 20 minutes I don't remember and I heard "... he's waking up, 240 over...." and I went back out. Eventually I wake up in the ER and get admitted for another 14 hours or so.

I hadn't "felt sick" in a long time; turned out that I'd not seen my doctor in 12 years but was getting incrementally more ill every one of them. The carjacker turned out to be a police officer, and when I hit the gas I almost drove into a fireman who was coming around to break out the passenger window so they could get me out. I found out all of this because I'd turned on my dash cam and audio before I left my gig. There are parts I still can't watch.

I hope you continue to improve, Bill! Let the young folks do the barge toting and bale lifting.

edit ps: watching out for our health is something I now invest more attention to. Right now I'm stewarding the local crew for Broadway tour show and keeping an eye on the workers with blood sugar and blood pressure issues, and those with unusual allergies.

Last edited:
Bill

I had a similar event last week. Had a mild aphasia and my doctor advised me to go to the ER to get it checked out.

I did not have to stay overnight, but had an MRI, CAT scan, and monitoring in a 7 hour visit. Turns out I have AFib ( heart beating irregularly) which can throw clots than can go to the brain.

Started on new medication to stabilize me until I can see a cardiologist. A long term monitoring of my heart is in the future.

My wife sees this as a new step in aging. IE My medications have suddenly got a lot more expensive ( even with insurance)

Hope your outcome is as benign as I hope my outcome will be.

John

Dear lord, everyone! I pray for fast recoveries.

Here's the finished product.

98 windows 11.jpg

I haven't remembered any more but have learned several things.

1, My team did not call my wife.

2. It seems I ran the install as I normally would. Timing wise it included a lunch break and I drove home a bit after 3:00.

My wife then took me to the emergency room.

The wall we were hanging nearly 300 lbs. of weight on has metal studs. A backer board measuring 3 x 4' x 3/4" was set up at my shop. The plan was a minimum of 6 points and 8 if available into metal studs.

Seems I ran the install as imagined and drove home.

My wife took me to the hospital.

If I learn or remember more I'll share.

Thanks for the thoughts.

How I started.

After much searching, property suitable for constructing a new and permanent home was found and purchased at the end of Skyline Drive in Montville. Construction on an ambitious new performing arts space with an art gallery lobby was started, only to suffer a setback when the skeleton framing collapsed during a severe windstorm. Undaunted, although now behind schedule and over budget, the structure was rebuilt and on April 9, 1966, the lights came up on the first production, The Miracle Worker, in what was now officially named The Barn Theatre Guild!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back